About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

September 14, 2010

To Phuket (posted Dec 30, 2009)

After Ko Kradan, we sailed to Ko Phi Phi.  When we got there, Mark had a real shock.  It was nothing like the days of old.  There was a marked channel for the hundreds of ferryboats and mooring bouys were all over where boats used to anchor.  We were kind of forced to anchor away from the beach.  It was a really rolly anchorage due to the boat traffic.  We went ashore and had a look around the post-tsunami built-up.  We had dinner with another cruising couple and had a good time. 

The next day, we left really early and sailed to Ao Chalong, Phuket.  We arrived on a Saturday and proceeded to check in, only to find out that we have to pay "overtime" charges.  But at least we are all legal and are free to wonder around. 

We went to see a stainless steel guy and got a new bracket made for the bow roller.  We managed to fix the problem and all is better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment