About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

September 16, 2010

Langkawi Cable Car and Single Point Suspension Bridge (posted Apr 19, 2010)


While we were in Thailand, my Aunt Anita who cruises the internet for neat stuff, sent me a file on advanced technology.  One of the slides was on the single point suspension bridge which is a tourist attraction in Langkawi.  After looking at the slides, we decided we must go.  Knowing it was a short way from Telaga Marina where we would also be able to stop and top up with fuel, water and batteries, we decided it was a must thing to do.  Then the day before, we met up with friends from Singapore and they wanted to come as well.  A great day out!  The cable car itself was an awesome experience but the bridge was the highlight of the day.  We also enjoyed the village atmosphere that had been set up as a tourist attraction afterwards.  The kids got to see elephants, deer, monkeys and then fed a lot of rabbits and chickens.  Made for a great day out.  The pictures are fantastic but nothing like the real views.  It really is a neat place to go spend a day.  Enjoy the photos.
Toby, Thomas, Papat, Anya
The suspension bridge



No comments:

Post a Comment