About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

September 15, 2010

Cruising Friends (posted Mar 18, 2010)

One of the best things about cruising is the people you meet and become friends with.  Now, good friends are an excellent commodity in any situation but I feel when you develop that relationship cruising, it is a little special.  Maybe it is because you become friends bonding in a special way by having to do similar projects and rely on each other.  It could be because we tend to be fairly like-minded in our approach to life.  Or maybe it is knowing deep down that you will be saying goodbye very soon and you want to stay in contact.  Anyway, on this trip it is amazing we have made some fast new friends that I think will stand the test of time of being off on our separate ways for a while.  But even more remarkable is the sudden resurrecting of friends from when we were last cruising.  It is amazing how many people we have bumped into that are still around and we immediately seem to pick up where we left off.  Some of these people have not been seen or heard from in 18-19 years.  And we immediately dive into a conversation like we had been out of contact for only a week or so.

Pat, Jim, Mark and Rowdy

No comments:

Post a Comment