About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

September 14, 2010

Idle (posted Dec 9, 2009)

Well, that's what we are doing.  Being idle.  Not going anywhere in the next few days.  Pauline had to go to Satun, Thailand for a visa run yesterday.  So now she is legal for another 30 days. 
 
We are still waiting for our auto pilot check valve to arrive, which they say will be here before Monday.  So, in the meantime we will be doing little jobs like varnishing and cleaning and getting ready for our trip north to Thailand.  And when we are not busy with boat work, we will be at Amanda's Cafe for her tea and homebaked cakes and using her free WiFi to keep in touch with the world.

So unless there is something exciting to tell, we will be quiet for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment