About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

September 14, 2010

Calm Before The Storm (posted Nov 12, 2009)


Today is a slow day, time to do chores, like laundry, cleaning and just relaxing.  That is because tomorrow will be a really busy day.  Our crew arrives tomorrow and there will be lots to do in terms of preparations for the race on Saturday.
This year is the 20th Raja Muda Selangor International Regatta, therefore quite a number of boats have registered.  We think the number is about 55 boats.  There are 6 classes and we are participating in Class 6 (sounds like Classic).  There will be about 6 classic boats in our class so that should be fun.
Saturday's race starts at 10.55am so we would have to start out as early as 9.30am.  Not so easy as they are putting up a welcome party on Friday night.
The first race is from Port Klang to Pangkor Island, approximately 90 nautical miles away.  We will try and send an update when we arrive, if there is Internet access.

No comments:

Post a Comment