About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

September 14, 2010

Preparations (posted on Oct 26, 2009)


We are planning to leave Singapore for Port Klang on November 5, 2009.  It is only 10 days to go but there are so many things to do in preparation for the trip, eg, boat maintenance, provisioning, etc.

It is a little difficult cutting our dock lines after so many years in Singapore.  Lots of stuff to throw off the boat and lots to put on.  Where do we start?

Both of us have resigned from our jobs and we work till end of October 2009.  We were looking forward to a couple of weeks of relaxing at the marina but now we only have a few days in Singapore.
We have registered for the Raja Muda Selangor Regatta which will take us on Nov 14 to Pangkor, Penang and will end up in Langkawi on Nov 21, 2009.  This will be the first time we are taking part in this Regatta and we are looking forward to the trip.

Will update more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment