About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

May 14, 2014

Yakusugi Forest

A view on the way up to the trail
 I mentioned in an earlier post that they have cedar trees here over 2000 years old.  In fact there is one dating 3000 years old.  But it is in a part of the park we didn't hike to.  We did see one over a 1000 years old and another 1800 year one.  It was a very pretty walk especially after all the rain yesterday.  We also saw some more monkeys and deer.  One of the old bucks is quite used to people and comes right into the parking lot and lets you touch him.  Supposedly in deer years he is close to eighty, don't know what he is in people years.

Ready to go hiking?



















This picture and the next are of a thousand year old tree







These two trees called the twins are pretty young at a couple hundred years but they grew up out of the trunk of a very old tree cut nearly 500 years ago!



Ya'll come back now



No comments:

Post a Comment