About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

May 7, 2014

Amami

Well, I promised pictures but our internet is so slow here I will wait till we get somewhere further up the track to add them.  So if you are interested keep checking back on this post in the next couple of weeks.  I will say our photos are a disappointment.  This is truly a beautiful island and our pictures don't even come close to showing it.  The pace here is very slow, a bit like the internet, but incredibly charming.  They wouldn't let us rent a car so we bought a bus pass and road it up to Naze and back.  Pretty drive and loaded with tunnels as often it was easier going under the hills.  We leave tomorrow early and will be out of touch for 36 to 48 hours unless we can get a note out to my sister.  We hope to catch the Kuroshio for part of our next trip and hence the big variation in times.  If we catch it we might get as much as four knots of current.  For those not in the know the Kuroshio is the world's second largest current only the Gulf Stream is bigger.  It can be nasty if the wind is the wrong way but we hope that will not be the case.  Our next stop is Yaku Shima.  We hear that is pretty spectacular as well.  It is a world heritage island so others must think so as well.





Those were the views from the boat!




No comments:

Post a Comment