About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

May 8, 2014

Off Takara

Position 29 d 01.60 m N and 129 d 05.78 m E.  Well we left Amami this morning at 06:30 and went out the west entrance.  We had hoped to take some photos as we figured it would be a pretty passage out but the rain gods kept us pretty wet.  Pauline did comment on whether it was mythical or mystical looking.  My comment back was both the hills were drapped in some surreal mists and one half expected a bunch of ronin warriors could have been running up the hillsides at any minute.  Amami is just loaded with bays and I am sure one could spend a year cruising them but we alas we had to depart. Pauline did have a pod of dolphins playing just after I went off watch. Anyway we are making good progress no sign of the Kuroshio yet but we didn't expect it until we got north of Takara.  So fingers crossed we will be on it soon

No comments:

Post a Comment