About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

May 18, 2014

Nagasaki

For those of you crossing your fingers we found a north bound current and picked up over a knot of speed we also got some help from the wind, and we made it here before lunch.  Got a great berth only to be told that we have to leave before next Sunday as everything is booked.  Ah the drama!  But hopefully we will get our batteries.  We were planning to stop here for a while and have some friends from Guam join us for the sail through the next part up to Fukuoka but it looks like we will be too rushed for that.  Nagasaki so far looks nice.  After a bit of a quick nap we will head out for some sight seeing.  Ah the joys of being on the end of a power cord!

No comments:

Post a Comment