About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

April 30, 2014

The Steering is Fixed

Well this is a fingers crossed type of thing.  Basically we replumbed everything and there are no links.  We won't know for sure until we get out there and put some pressure on it.  We intend to do that starting tomorrow.  Thanks to the people at HyDrive who walked s through some of the troubleshooting of the system.  And found a flaw with the original installation.

We are heading northish toward Kyushu.   There are lots of stops on the way before we hit Nagasaki so not sure when the updates will happen.  It all depends on the internet.  We noticed our position tracking page didn't follow us so well on the last trip but we think we discovered what we were doing wrong there so hopefully that will work.  Otherwise we may see if my sister Chris is up to do some more remote posting.

Cheers to All

No comments:

Post a Comment