About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

April 15, 2014

One Week

position 21 d 22.2 N 133 d 17.98 m E.  Time 14:30 one week ago exactly we dropped the mooring in MYC and headed out to sea.  We still have about 450 nm to go, so hopefully we will be in sometime Saturday.  Yesterday day was gorgeous and gave some time to recuperate before running into what we have had for the last 12 hours.  The good news was our delays probably meant we didn't get deeper into this low when it hit.  Bad thing is we are on the fringe of it with confused seas and winds.  One minute they are blowing 25-30 from one direction then they shift about 20 degrees.  It is hard to read the wind because the boat is bobbing a bit like a cork.  The good news is the grib files show us the wind will be veering with in a few hours and lessoning in about 18.  We just gotta hang in here and keep steering.  UUGH!  Oh well still a better day than in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment