About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

April 30, 2014

Okinawa Brewing Company

Most of our time in Okinawa seems to have been spent working on the steering for Sari Timur.  But our good friend Chris, who is all knowing on things beer, suggested we go look up Mark Reynolds at the Okinawa Brewing Taproom.  So Friday off we went.  Mark is supposedly another Michiganian but he wasn't there this weekend but his mate Tony stood in for a pic and the beer and pizzas were great.  We also discovered it was the birthday of another friend of ours from Guam so we ordered one more for the road!  Anyway a great night out and we recommend this place.


1 comment:

  1. First time I've posted on a blog.... and that's after I remembered you had one. Nice to see you both smiling :-)

    ReplyDelete