About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

April 10, 2014

The Second Day

Position 15 d 58.71 N  142 d 03.10 E  Well we are over two hundred and twenty miles closer to Okinawa. The weather is pretty calm.  We are motorsailing now for the next couple of hours.  As the wind and waves were making the boat toss more than she needed to do.  We are hand steering as the hydraulic valve the controls the back flow into the wheel etc kept sticking and would stick with the autopilot turning us hard to starboard.   I believe I have a spare on board as this valve has gone before nad i refurbished the old one, but hey seem to be undersized for big seas and full sails as that is how both went.  I think we will just hand steer to Japan and figure out how to get bigger ones there or else go for a beefier autopilot.  we certainly do not want to hand steer to Alaska.  Good news is Sari Timur is a good boat to hand steer.  Note the font on this is pretty small and Chris has informed me she won't correct grammer so doing this outside with a converted Jap-anese keyboard where only half of the keys are where they are supposed to be is a challenge. So if this is hard to read imagine how it is to type and send.  Plus I have always been grammatically challanged

Cheers 0800 Chamorro Standard Time

No comments:

Post a Comment