About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

April 20, 2014

Okinawa

We arrived Ginowan Marina 19 April at 11:00 Japan Time.  Which was yesterday.  Spent most of the rest of the day getting checked in and meeting up with some people here.  This is the biggest marina I have seen and full of some pretty interesting boats.  Internet access isn't quite so easy yet but hopefully we will sort that out in the next few days.  A boat just down from us caught a pretty good size black marlin and were cutting it up on the dock as we got back from immigration.  Seems like all kinds of activities going on here.  We definitely do need to begin getting some Japanese into our brains as English is not that widely spoken.  But we did figure on that.  We have just been too lazy so far.

Anyway all for now I have to go back and start putting the boat together, or have a nap which ever comes first!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment