About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

April 6, 2014

St Elmo

Well we have been having a few going away dinners etc.  Yesterday was supposed to be just a normal club day with a drink or so before an early night.  Well our friends decided different.  They wanted to get us a small token that wouldn't take much space for us to remember them by.  And since we are in the land of statues they thought a St Elmo who is the patron saint for sailors would be nice.  But no Elmos in the stores, undaunted they tried a different tack and cannonised the famed Seseme St character .  This turned out to be great and of course then the champagne, rum, and tequila came out.  Needless to say a little slow today but what great friends.  We will truly make sure St Elmo has a good place on the boat.

Notice the Halo and Cross

Temporary Home for now

No comments:

Post a Comment