About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

June 25, 2015

The Bearing Sea


Position N 52 d 55.538
        E 173 d 14.437

We moved the boat around to Chichagof Harbor today so officially entered the Bearing Sea of Deadliest Catch fame.  Hardly no wind so we motored over.  On the way we saw some whales in the bay.  They didn't get close enough for us to confirm what they were and we thought they might be Orcas.  But then later after we got on the north side of the island we had a whole pod of them come and play around the bow.  We could definitely confirm them as Orcas and because they were a bit smaller than the others we had seen earlier not sure what the others were.

Chichagof is very pretty and it looks like it will be good protection from any bad weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment