About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

June 4, 2015

Delayed

We were all set to leave this morning but yesterday's forecast had a nasty going to hit us in about four days.  This would have meant bad seas and contrary weather for about three days.  We were toying with shall we go or shall we stay for a couple of hours before we finally decided to stay put.  A couple of the faster boats left as they felt they might just be able to out run the worst of it.  But we are too slow for that.  So we got a visa extension and will stay put.  The next window will not open before Tuesday or Wednesday so we are sitting with crossed fingers hoping the next window will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment