About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

June 22, 2015

1300 Position Report 21 June


Position N 51 d 01.590
        E 169 d 56.140

wind is only 5 knots from the west but the swell is still a bit large so still motorsailing.

The freezer definitely bit the dust yesterday it is still extinct gone the way of the dodo.

all is well on board.  Plotted the position of the hotspring that is on Attu but forgot to load the road maps for Alaska.  Apparently there are roads there.  So will have to wing it when exploring.  I ordered a bicycle. I wish we had it for this trip but alas it won't be ready until August.

We have 184 miles to go so baring any problems should be there late on the 23rd.  Sorry that is on the other side of the date line so maybe on the 22nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment