About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

June 16, 2015

Noon Position 14 June


Position  46 d 11.588 N
         154 d 16.628 E

Sailing 3.2 knots course 65 degrees  We have only had the engine off two hours today and four hours yesterday which is a bit of a worry.  But we still have diesel now.  Our plan is to end up in Attu with a half of a tank.  That we might have no engine for a couple of days waiting for the low to slam us, push us back some and hopefully give us some wind on its back side.  We heard from the first boat to leave last Friday and they have arrived and are exploring Attu.  For us I am beginning to wonder if this is an endurance test or not.  But we are making progress so all is good.  Temperature got down to 3.3 degrees last night but up to 5.7 now.  Still in fog but seas are flat, better be with this little wind! Barometer is flat at 1007 it s 60 feet up in the air so a little different than sealevel reading but it is the variation we are concerned with.

Wow Jo0y I just saw 3.6 on the speed log!

No comments:

Post a Comment