About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

October 16, 2014

Tsubasa

Position34 degrees 33.46 N 135 degrees 00.68 E

This was an unscheduled stop but a good alternative to get all the boats back together again for the finish this weekend.  It has worked out well and there will be a party tonight in the Westin hotel.  The trip over was a mad dash as we had to get under the bridge that separates Awaji Shima from Honshu by 10:30 .  This is because the narrows are so tight here when the tide swings against you it is more than four knots.  We missed it by about a half hour even with 05:30 start but the current was only up to just over 2 knots.  By the way this is the easy passage, the straits at the south side of Awaji has currents at over 10 knots!

Anyway we are nicely tucked in here and regrouping before the party tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment