About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

October 15, 2014

N.E. Corner Shodoshima

Position 34 degrees 33.53 N  134 degrees 20.89 E

Well the winds finally quieted during the night and so did the waves in the harbour.  We left this morning at just after 7 am for the trek up to the N.E corner of Shodishima.  This is to be the regathering point for the boats still left in the rally.  Three of us have arrived and three more are on the way.  One boat pulled out of the rally and another can only meet up with us at the next port.  We were supposed to have two days here and some tours around the island.  But Vongfong got those cancelled.  Apparently this is where they grow the native olives.  It looks like a beautiful place from the sea, I think it will require a closer look when we come back in the spring.

We are off to the local onsen so I have to close.  Tomorrow is an early start and a pretty fair trek, with a strait near the end of it going into Osaka Bay.  The currents can be up to 6 knots.  So not as bad as going the other way but we still will have to watch timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment