About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

October 2, 2014

Shikoku

Today we are spending time seeing sites in Shikoku before the typhoon strikes on Sunday.  This is typhoon 18, and 19 has just formed behind it so it will be an interesting couple of days.  Today we visited a pottery place, a place that still does weaving and dying with traditional indigo, and then off to a hotel near one of the oldest onsens in Japan.  Dinner, games, karaoke, and then traditional drums to finish off the night!!  Hopefully I can skip the karaoke, but I doubt it, somehow I always end up front and centre.  But once they hear me sing maybe I can quickly get tossed out!

All dressed up for our dinner

Our dinner!

A group photo

Dogo Onsen, one of the oldest onsen on Shikoku

At the copper mine

Keny drilling for copper

No comments:

Post a Comment