About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

June 27, 2023

We are on the hard

 Well we were hauled out today.  Everything went smoothly.  We got our exhaust riser/ mixing elbow out and to the shop for a rebuild.  We got the bobstay fitting off and will hopefully have that to the machinist to drill the holes in it within a day or so.  We have the roller furling off and the forestay ready to come down and get replaced and we have scraped off a lot more paint.  Hope to get the forestay down tomorrow and off to the rigger.  Do some more scraping and wait a couple of days for things to dry out.  Then it is sand like crazy and begin reversing that which we are taking down now.  Mark did make a mistake when he measured the bobstay fitting and it affects one bolt.  He is pretty sure he has a work around for that.  He just needs to find a welder who is happy enough to do the work around.

No comments:

Post a Comment