About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

June 5, 2023

Klemtu

 Position N52 D 34.350

               W 128 D 30.899

This position is in a a bay just south of Klemtu.  We stopped in Klemtu to refuel and grab some groceries.  The mooring docks were full so after our tasks we opted to anchor south of town.  We had a good run today and some sun so didn’t need the generator once the anchor was up.



 

Our apologies, it was late yesterday so we didn’t post pictures and forgot about the story of Pauline trying to run over a deer.  The poor deer was just minding his own business when this boat started coming straight for him.  Luckily no headlights were in his eyes and he kept swimming out of the way.  It took us a few minutes to get a picture of him, so it is at a bit of a distance.  Anyway we watched him make shore and scurry safely into the woods.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment