About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

June 2, 2023

Grenville Channel, Kumealon Inlet

  Position N 53D 51.937

               W 129 D 58.487


We left late today from Cow Bay Marina.  All the other yachts were leaving between 4-5 am.  We figured they were heading north and needed the extra time.  So we left at 6 after all, the weatherman called for light winds.  Of course, he lied!  The winds were pretty much 25 knots after we left the harbor.  Not bad but on the nose.  We were envious of the sailboats heading the other way under sail.  The opposing winds made our 40 mile trip take us all day but we are in Grenville Channel.  The anchorage is quite pretty but the rain is still out there.  So we are hunkering down below with the heater on.

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment