About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

September 20, 2014

Our Crew has Arrived

Phil and Ann came up from Guam to do the first leg of the rally with us.  They got here a day and a half early to see some sights and visit before the  rally.  Highlights include the contemporary art museum (they make their living as artists in Guam) and an Irish pub which had the local baseball team, the Carps playing on TV.  We later found out our friends on Astrolabe were at the game live.

And one of the best memories is we went to another Okonomiyaki restaurant.  A picture or two will be posted later on this.  We think we stumbled onto one of the best Okonomiyaki restaurants in Hiroshima.  Very upmarket, and the boss spoke English very well and had a sense of humour.  We also think we ended up on their Facebook page.

Ann playing with the musical water bottles

Ann and Phil, with the Okonomiyaki

  
That's us with the boss of the restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment