About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

September 9, 2014

Moving Tomorrow

Yesterday we took Sari Timur over to the commercial port and loaded up with diesel.  Today we will take on water and fit jack-lines etc getting ready for departure tomorrow.  We are heading for Hiroshima.  But we hope to take three days or so going up there.  We will try and make position posts where we spend the nights. But it will depend on internet connections.  The first night will actually be  at the start of Kanmon Kaikyo or the straits into the Seto Naikai or Inland Sea.  Hiroshima is where we will meet our friends from Guam and begin the Setouchi Rally.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks we are having a ball. But it looks like we will be in for a hairy weekend!

    ReplyDelete