About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

September 12, 2014

Murotsu

We made it to Murotsu today (33 d 50.09 n 132 d 06.98 E).  Just tied up alongside a wall in a commercial harbor.  Highest wind today was 25 knots (yes on the nose) but the temperature also got up.  The first time all summer Mark got his shirt off for a tan.  Pauline stayed covered up and under cover.   Nice temp in the afternoon, but cool in the morning and late afternoon. There is a reportedly nice onsen here five minutes walk away but we didn't make it in time tonight.  We plan to stay an additional day here before heading to Hiroshima on Sunday, so hopefully will get to the onsen tomorrow.

View from a Tied Up Sari Timur

Bridge in Murotsu Near Onsen

Sari Timur Tied to the Wall


No comments:

Post a Comment