About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

January 6, 2016

Tierra!!


Position   N 018 d 39.29
          W 064 d 54.33

09:00 EST  Distance to go 28 nmiles

That phrase from the Captain Ron movie sprang out of Pauline's mouth this morning as we see land.  Ironically the first land she saw was not Puerto Rico but we are close.  If we wouldn't have been doing all of that tacking it would have been.

We hope to anchor and do customs before they close tonight in order to allow us to move over to the charter dock for the night.  It is touch and go as the chart plotters are saying it will be about 4 o'clock AST when we arrive.  So we may have to spend the night swinging from an anchor.

Anyway next post should be from shore.



No comments:

Post a Comment