About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

January 17, 2016

Made it to Grand Haven

We left Niagara Falls, USA in a snowstorm this morning.  Had a little break while viewing the Canadian side but it didn't stop snowing and the temp kept dropping.  Welcome to the North.  Anyway we agree with our Canadian friend Bill, the Canada view of the falls is better.  The U.S. one is good but the Canadian view is nicer.

The ride from the Falls to Port Huron was full of snow and it got so cold our windshield washer nozzles froze.  So we had to make periodic stops to wash the windshield.  We had some periodic snow flurries through places in Michigan but once we hit Grand Rapids it became strong again and as we approached the Lake it got worse.  We were worried we were going to miss our exit.  But we eventually slip slides home and arrived in time for dinner.  An early night tonight as Mark is tired!

2 comments:

  1. Hi guys. I agree with you that the Niagra Falls are better viewed from Canadian side. I was fortunate when I visited to view from both sides and felt that the best views were from Canadian side. Best regards, Roley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys. I agree with you that the Niagra Falls are better viewed from Canadian side. I was fortunate when I visited to view from both sides and felt that the best views were from Canadian side. Best regards, Roley

    ReplyDelete