About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

September 21, 2015

Thunder Bay

Position  N 59 d 34.862
         W 150 d 10.794

20 Sept 2015




Well we were warned Thunder bay was deep.  A couple of months back, friends of ours anchored in close to shore and ran a line to a tree ashore.  We thought about it but couldn't find a place we felt comfortable with so we found a little mound in the middle of the bay and put out all our chain.  We seem secure but are hoping there is no blow tonight.  Anyway after anchoring we decided to get a halibut line out.  While we were fishing we spotted our first black bear.  He was roaming around on the beach for quite awhile.  We did snag a halibut but he spit the hook before we could net him.  No mercy next time, we are going straight for the gaff!  We couldn't entice any of his friends before the temperature dipped so we headed below for a nice warm fire and some food other than fish.

We hope to head to Porcupine Bay tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment