About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

September 12, 2015

Heading to Seward

We really liked Homer and were tossing a coin between here and Seward for wintering over.  Then Pauline applied for a job and we thought we might make it home for a couple of years.  But she didn't get the job.  So we have decided to head to Seward.  Not as much happening there, but everything is right next to the Marina.  There is also public transport to Anchorage.  The tides are only half of what they are here and if we decide to lift the boat there are much easier options there.

Besides there are some great stops on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment