About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

September 10, 2015

20 Years Ago Today

Twenty years ago today, both of us were going through a very terrible period in our lives.  Luckily we had mutual friends that decided to put the two miserable people together and we were introduced to each other.  There was a lot of healing and patience required, but today we are much better off and enjoying this exciting life.  Can it get better? Sure! But hopefully it can never get as bad again.  Thanks partner, we are having one hell of a ride, aren't we?

5 comments:

  1. You two meeting was the best thing that could happen and it was obviously meant to be as you both thoroughly enjoy each others company and exploring new adventures together, I am extremely pleased and honored to know you both.
    Roley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two meeting was the best thing that could happen and it was obviously meant to be as you both thoroughly enjoy each others company and exploring new adventures together, I am extremely pleased and honored to know you both.
    Roley

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're glad you're our friend too! Pauline can remember the first time you guys met, which was a long time ago. Take care "old" friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a long time ago. I also have very fond memories of attending your lovely wedding.
      Take care and enjoy whatever you decide to do.
      Roley

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete