About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

October 15, 2013

What I Do!

Some of you have been asking for pictures of me working.  Today I brought my camera and handed it to one of the crew.  We had a baby dolphin today as well, but he was too shy for the photo.  However some other members of the pod hammed it up.  He took one of me driving with the rest of the crew in the background.  Unfortunately he didn’t show my feet.  To drive this boat you have to stand on the pedestal and do everything with your feet.  It takes some getting used to, and after an eight hour day you are pretty tired but as jobs go this one doesn’t suck!








No comments:

Post a Comment