About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

May 22, 2012

Tropical Storm Sanvu

Well that storm we told you about did develop into a full tropical storm and missed us by about 60 miles.  Needless to say we were a bit on edge as we didn't know the state of our mooring.  Here is a picture of it now.  Pauline has one of it earlier so hope to add it later. 

The weather is still very sloppy here but I am sure it will drop to nothing for the race to Rota on Friday.  Too bad because conditions other than wet and miserable are perfect for a run up there.  By the way I passed my USCG exams.  Except now I found out I should have a sail endorsement.  Oh Joy 2 more exams.



No comments:

Post a Comment