About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

May 11, 2012

Friend at the Gate


As most of you know we are in the Harbour of Refuge.  This is much more convenient for a lot of reasons.  One of the things is it is gated off at night, which means we have to get out, open and close the gate to get the truck through.  Half of Pauline’s work schedule is the night shift and she gets off at 23:15.  We have two stray dogs that act as yard dogs that have befriended us and we usually have a happy greeting when we come home at night.  Last night as usual the dogs came up and greeted Pauline as she was opening the gate and she was not concentrating on the gate.  Quickly crawling way from her working his way through the chain link fence was a brown tree snake.  Anyway I guess we will pay more attention now when we are traveling around at night on foot.  These guys can’t really hurt you much but are known to be aggressive and bite if they feel cornered.
Sorry no pic as I didn't have the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment