About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

May 20, 2012

No Longer a River Skow

Hey we finally took Sari Timur out of the Harbour of Refuge yesterday.  Went for a test sail out of the main harbour and headed north toward Rota to see what kind of angles we could make.  Got all excited because Sari T was performing great.  Came back in and plopped on a yacht club mooring until next week's Rota Race.  Got to the yacht club and found out there is a low heading our way with a 40% chance according to one website of becoming a typhoon.  Talk about timing.  Anyway most of the other models have it just sloppy weather up to 35 knots so we will be uncomfortable for a day or two but nothing severe.  Anyway after it passes the wind will die and we will probably end up motoring during the race.  That sounds typical for us.  Anyway no seasickness to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment