About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

March 22, 2022

South Dakota

From Illinois we scooted thru Wisconsin and Minnesota in another windstorm.  We stopped for the night in Sioux Falls and spent the next day fighting 40+ mile headwinds to make it to Rapid City.  One of Pauline's bucket list items was to see Mount Rushmore.  So we took a day and ran off to see Rushmore and the Crazy Horse project.

side profile of George Washington

the presidents at Mount Rushmore

Crazy Horse

While we were in Michigan, Laura and Steve insisted we should go to Deadwood as well.  Deadwood is where Wild Bill Hickok was shot while playing cards in the saloon.  So the next day's trip was planned and off we went. 

Mark trying to get into the brothel in Deadwood

bartender dressed up like Wild Bill Hickok

Historic town of Deadwood


No comments:

Post a Comment