About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

March 22, 2022

Grand Canyon

Neither of us have ever been to the Grand Canyon,  We thought we would miss it this time as well but then read an article about seeing the South Rim in the winter.  So it was immediately put on the itinerary.  When we talked about this at Angie's house, cousin Jeff said we should stop at Four Corners as well, so that also got put on the list.  Four Corners was nice but the 'Grand Canon needs another look during better weather.  Don't get us wrong, it was phenomenal and we were wowed out.  We spent an entire day until sunset just staring at the sights.  The weather was not bad but a bit cool for big hiking excursions.  We plan to be back!

the spot where Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona meets

Pauline standing where x marks the spot

Here are just some of the many photos we took at the Grand Canyon.











No comments:

Post a Comment