About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

March 14, 2015

More to back on board

The main unit to our wind instruments arrived.  West Marine decided to ship what they had in stock and ship the cables and display later.  Luckily I had a small test cable so I could test the instrument and I am pleased to let everyone know the Maretron WSO 100 plugs in seamlessly.  The only drawbacks are the head has to be mounted straight, the adjustment software doesn't work.  The other one is it requires a different type of mount.  But the plus on this is, that this kind of mount makes it easy to get the alignment correct.

On another front our friends here that are in the process of doing the pre season maintenance on their boats came by to hack at one of the leaks we have had all winter.  I would never have thought to do it the way they did but it was a pleasure to see done.  Let's hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment