About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

January 1, 2015

Back On the Boat

We made our way back from Numazu yesterday.  Some great views of Fuji to help kill the hangover from the Taproom Countdown Party.  We caught up with our Rally friends from there and of course Chris and Satch, drank far too much Baird Beer.

This is Kaori, friend of Kerry's, who met us in Numazu dressed in a kimono made by her mum from Okinawa

Us with a snow capped Mt Fuji

A great night with our friends at the Numazu Taproom

As I said we had clear skies when we left Numazu an the bullet train was going its normal 160 miles per hour but suddenly it started to snow.  Long before we hit Nagoya we had to slow to around 70 and by the time we hit Kyoto looked like there was about 6-8 inches on the ground.  But as we approached Osaka the bay warmth turned the snow to rain and there was no snow on the ground.  Not sure if it snowed here or not.

Anyway we got back and fired up the fireplace and sat around with our guests who leave tonight.  It has been a great visit and we will miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment