About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

August 24, 2014

Sari Timur is Back in the Water

Well the splash went without anything too dramatic.  The packing nut has a very small leak but it is coming through the threads not the packing material.  Probably where they were a little damaged.  But we are pretty sure that will self cure.  None of the new thru hulls leak, nor the old ones.  The new shaft seal is fine.  Now it is just a matter of waiting to see if the anti fouling on prop and hull work.


Sari Timur Back in Odo

No comments:

Post a Comment