About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

August 3, 2014

Dry Dock Delay

They postponed lifting us today.  Reading between the lines they would like not to have responsibility if a typhoon comes through.  Typhoon 11 is tracking right for us at the moment.  The long term projections show it tracking away from us on the other side of Kyushu.  But long range forecasts can be iffy so the present plan is to have a regroup on Wednesday morning.

I guess this is ok except we will be getting close to Obon festival and we need the machine shop to make our new shaft.  The good news is that the delay will allow us to order a new starter for the generator.  The starter solenoid decided to crap out while we were away so I will order a new starter and a solenoid so I can fix the other one at my leisure for a spare.

Thanks Mike Williams for selling us your portable Honda generator.  We will be using that over the next few days until we get our main one up and running again.  The bad thing about all these near misses is that there is no sun to keep us charged!

No comments:

Post a Comment