About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

March 31, 2013

Turning 55

Wow it has finally happened I have reached old age.  Last week was my birthday.  And it was number 55.  That is the age I can collect my CPF.  Of course that was a small enough amount we have decided to leave it  in place.  But the plus side here in Guam is I can go to the front of all the queues, which came in handy when I went to the DMV to register the car.  The actual birthday was fun we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and they put on a cake for us.  After great food and a few margaritas we then ended up in the local brew pub for the Saturday night band.  Turned out to be an alright night.




                                                          The Cake




The Old Man

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark, Pauline

    Great to see Mark got the ticket sorted and is now skippering. Crash looks a real prang, glad to see no issues for you both and the insurance sorted. We can't believe it's almost a year since we left Guam headed back to NZ, seems to go so quick. We will be watching to see how the Kamkatcha permit goes and will let you know if we get any leads.

    Jim and Tori, yacht Elenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jim and Tori,

      Glad to hear from you guys. Getting ready for winter in NZ? Sorry it has taken a while to reply. Rather busy though this blog doesn't make it seem so. Anyway now have wireless on the boat so hope to update more often.

      Delete