About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

October 28, 2023

In Newport Beach


 We arrived in Newport Beach at 1315 and after tying up Mark went to Blackie’s to confirm they could show the rugby on Saturday.  We then met up with Barb and went to dinner.  On Saturday morning Mark cycled over to Minney’s a second hand yacht parts store.  Then West Marine on the way back.  Pauline took advantage of the free laundry and got a load done.  After replacing the life rings and the mizzen halyard we set out to Blackie’s.  This World Cup Final was a problem as Pauline is a staunch All Blacks supporter and Mark follows the Springboks.  It was a close final and we were both on the edge of our seats.  I am sure everyone knows the results so that is all we will say about it.


Pauline, Mark and Barb


No comments:

Post a Comment