About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

May 23, 2023

Kasaan



Position :    N 55 D 32.206
                    W 132 D 23.918
 
We left Tolstoi Bay at 0800.   The anchor snagged a very thick steel cable and it took a little effort to get it off.
 
The trip over is uneventful, which is good.
 
Kasaan is a little Haida village, with a lovely trail to a longhouse and lots of totems.  We went to a museum of sorts and spoke with Stormy, a Haida master carver of totems and canoes.  It was a lovely sunny day out.
 
 
Kasaan Bay

the boardwalk


Sari Timur tied up at the dock


the trail to the longhouse







a killer whale, someone stole the fin

a bear





inside the longhouse, with the fire pit

Stormy showing us his carved canoe


No comments:

Post a Comment