About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

April 3, 2022

Oregon

We drove along the Oregon coast road from California, made it to Astoria and checked into the hotel before sunset.  The hotel room has a fireplace in it and faces the Columbia River with a view of the bridge that we will drive over to Washington state.

view of the Columbia River and the bridge over to Washington state

the fireplace in the room

It was Mark's birthday while we were in Astoria so we decided to spend an extra day, just celebrating.  We were told to climb the Astoria Column, which has about 164 steps.  The view was nice, even with the fog.  The skies cleared in the afternoon so we headed to a brewery for a glass or two or three.  Who's counting, anyways.

the Astoria Column

Mark up at the top of the Column

view from the top of the Column

sign at the tavern

sign at the tavern

at the Fort George Brewery



No comments:

Post a Comment