About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

November 17, 2021

Plans

 Well, we are doing it!  Mark made it to Seward, Pauline tendered her resignation and is putting the car on a barge at the end of the week to Seattle.  Hopefully Mark will finish up in Seward and find a weather window to get to Seattle before the car on December 5.  Pauline will fly to Seattle when Mark arrives and they will take a couple of months driving in the lower 48.  First stop Florida for a quick renewal course for Mark and for both of them to thaw out and see family and friends.  It is then on to visit as many places and friends as possible before the return trip.  So if you are going to be somewhere in the lower 48 and want to meet up, contact us to see if we can make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment