About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

October 2, 2019

We are in Haines

We made it to Haines.  The visit in Seward was too short and we didn't see everyone but it was great to catch up with those we did.

The car battery was dead when we went to pick up the car but Glen and Sandy had a charger and while we ate fresh baked cookies, we let it charge.  On Monday we had the car serviced and we also asked for a battery check,  The check came back good so we figure something just drained it in the 3 over months it lay dormant.

Our trip reminded us why we have fallen in love with Alaska.  Not only was the scenery fantastic but we got to see a young moose, a black bear sow and her cub as well.  Not bad for two days of driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment